And it’s also Good Neighbor Day. Two Very worthy causes. I know I personally scarfed more than my share of the Swanson products. As weird as it sounds I loved those “mashed potatoes and gravy”. So sue me.
From the Civic Club
1. For the next on-line Islander. Final date to submit your columns, articles, advertisements, classifieds, photos, etc is the 24th. Reminder that anything you send needs to be "camera ready" as we won't be editing anything on your submission. If we see anything incorrect or doesn't work, we'll send it back to you for you to correct it.
2. For the October cover page we would like to make a collage of our Clear Lake Shores children's artwork. We would like an October theme with either fall or Halloween drawings or paintings. If your child would like to submit their art, please make sure that it's in a document that can be emailed to our webmaster. Please use MS Word or a PDF file type to submit the artwork on. Due date is the 24th of Sept. Webmasters email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org. By the way, our webmaster is Theresa Buck...and she's doing a great job! Thanks Theresa!
3. Thanksgiving meal tickets will be going on sale soon! This year will be a little different as we are pre-selling tickets. Please do not expect to show up at the door and pay on the day of the event as we are going to cook the amount of food to match the number of tickets we sell. Tickets and pricing will be available soon, so keep your eye out for future emails!
4. Our Block Party will be September 13th and Priscilla Duffy has volunteered to be the Chair for this fun event. This is where we get out and meet our neighbors! Thank you Priscilla! She will be contacting everyone with details and requests for volunteers, etc. So, keep an eye out for her emails so you'll have the latest scoop.
5. Movie night for September has been cancelled due to lack of interest.
6. Don't forget to register your child for the "Children's Fishing Derby" on October 4th! This is an anniversary year so there will be extra fun for the kids.
7. The Civic Club's website has been updated with a "Membership" button that will allow you to easily pay for your Civic Club membership online through PayPal. It's already up and running, so if you like the Club and want to pay your dues for this year and/or next year, simply click on the box and it will take you to our PayPal account Or, you can still leave a check in the box by City Hall - not a problem! Thank you for your support and membership in the Club. If you meet some new neighbors I hope you will ask them to join the Club. The more...the merrier! We need everyone in Clear Lake Shores to be Civic Club members and have fun with all our activities year round...what a great deal for just $25/year dues - and per household!
If you are not getting emails from the Club that means you are not a member. There are a dozen ways to join. Just ask. Short version, Join.
The third annual BBQ Cook off is slated for the second Saturday in October. Start getting your recipes lined up. Someone needs to steo up and Chair the event or this could go the way of Movie Night. The biggest change from last year is that every Island team that registers is allowed to invite one off Island team. I’m in and I’ve got an invitee who is ready to show us how its done.
Hear about the new Art Gallery coming to the Town Center? Read all about it here, tomorrow.