Is 83 today. Imagine that. Happy Friday neighbors!
Welcome to Island newbies Mike and Andrea on Forest. They are next door to Jim and Julie M. I think Lee has them hooked up with a buggie but just in case.
So, Spice Lady got a visit from the Health Department one week after opening huh Dave? How’d that go for you?
Ronnie Richards has a few questions for the next slate of candidates running for council. Food for thought. Thanks Ronnie. I could skip 6, 7 and 8 but I think 1 and 2 should be mandatory. What do you think?
1. Why are you running for this office?
2. What city committees have you served on in the past and when?
3. Tell us about your education and any degrees you hold.
4. Do you have any professional designations, i.e. CPA, RN, etc.?
5. What is your work experience?
6. Do you typically vote in the Democratic or Republican primary?
7. Describe your most important personal characteristics or traits as they relate to the office you seek.
8. Please describe one to three accomplishments or contributions of which you are most proud. These examples should illustrate skills and capabilities you think apply to the office you are seeking. These accomplishments may have occurred at any time during your personal, professional or public life.
9. Please describe the duties of the office you seek, in your own words. Which are the most important duties and why?
10. What are the City’s strengths? What are its weaknesses?
11. Do you think Clear Lake Shores is a well-run city? Why or why not?
12. Where do you see Clear Lake Shores in five years and what role would you play to get it there?
13. If elected, how would you handle a constituent's call to complain about a matter?
14. What issues would you like to see the council address?
15. Please list your top three to five priorities you will champion to move the city forward.
16. Describe how you plan to implement your top three priorities. (50 words or less)
17. What would you like to change about the council?
18. What would you like to stay the same about the council?
19. What in your view is the relationship between the Mayor and City Council? What is the main function of each, and where are certain responsibilities shared?
20. How do you propose to create a positive working relationship?
21. Is there anything else you would like our residents to know about your candidacy?
A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.
Have a great weekend!
The original search engine for the
Whole Wide World