New pics. Yes this is the latest endeavor of Your Artist, Eric. Let’s play what is it and where? I’ll provide daily progress pics as they become available.
A big shout out to a former neighbor who dropped in on the blog yesterday. Howdy Mike!! Good to hear from you! Please tell Georgie I said hi. How’s that grandbaby doing?
Let’s talk about something fun for a minute. That is after all why this blog was started. The Civic Club needs you. Your Civic Club. First, have you joined yet? If you have, good on you. If you haven’t I absolutely expect to see you at the big membership drive on July 4th, Andy Jackson in hand, buying stuff. What you really need to know about the Civic Club is that it functions on an all volunteer army. All the parties, events, parades and everything in between is done for and by you and your neighbors. There are only 4 positions on the club’s board and the way I understand it is the Presidents seat is about to be open. A huge thanks to Sam Fisher for volunteering for the VP spot. I’m not going to jerk your chain (too much of that going around now) and tell you it’s not a lot of work. It is work. It is the most fun you will ever hate. The club needs new faces and more importantly new ideas and fresh enthusiasm. Please, do yourself, your neighborhood a favor and support the Civic Club all the way. I promise you won’t regret it. Any questions? Come and see me.
The Island took a big loss today. Officer Tina Shelley has tendered her resignation and it has been accepted by Chief Cranston. She said she just couldn’t take it anymore. Tina, I miss you already and I know I’m not alone. You deserve better and wherever you go they will soon find out how lucky they are to have you. Chalk one up for the assholes.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch……
The way I understand it results from the Executive Session will be discussed at the next City Council meeting. To all you good folks out there keeping up with the goings on here on our little pile of mud please understand one very important thing. This ain’t over. Your vigilance is key. Sunset is nice and the weekend gatherings are a treat but City Council meetings are where you need to be on a regular basis. From time to time we’ll slip in to a nice comfortable glide. Sort of a maintenance mode and you can keep up by reading the minutes or popping in here but you really do need to keep one finger on the pulse of your city. I was chastised by a former Mayor for attending the meetings. My bad. I let life get in the way. I would have thought that my fairly regular attendance for the previous nine years and seats on every committee the city has except the EDC would have bought me a little slack but apparently I was wrong. I will try to do better. Everyone out there should try to do better. This is me stepping off my soap box.
Here you go Dave H….
WW IV. That’s Water Wars to the newbies. The time is nigh. Here is what I know to be true. We need to devise a method to identify participants and non. If you soak a noncombatant expect a visit from the local constabulary. Or EMT. See number 8.
1. No physical contact with the opposition. Unless there is a special invitation (wink).
2. No water balloons. I know they seem like a good idea but they are not and they leave a god awful mess.
3. All official parks are hereby designated DMZs. That’s De-Militarized Zone for Todd. That’s right ALL PARKS are safe zones. You hear that Tipton?!
4. It’s ON between Sun UP and Sun DOWN. Sunday, July 3th. At sunset retire your weapon.
5. No water balloons. If you hit me with a balloon I will hit you with a rock.
6. When this idea was hatched it was all about squirt guns. Not powered pumps that would make a fire fighter drool. While there is no “rule” about pumps and such keep that thought in mind when you are at Home Depot searching for inspiration.
7. Do I even need to say water only? Clean water only? Nothing you wouldn’t put in your mouth? I hope not…..
8. If you want to play, identify yourself and your target. Last year we used the three middle fingers pointing straight up to signal W for west side of Clear Lake Road or the same fingers pointed sideways ∑ letting folks know you represent the East side of the Island. If you blast someone who is not playing you are on your own. Know that some of your neighbors have very poorly developed senses of humor. Some of them may be packin’..
9. Did I mention NO WATER BALLOONS ? I mean it too. No DANG balloons. Spread the word.
Here is a proposed new rules for 2011
NO @#$%#^% BALLOONS!!
Since the general idea is to squirt water at your friends and neighbors, well your neighbors anyway, leave the water source alone. Yes it is war and yes All’s Fair in it, but ….. Please tell the kids the rules. I personally had one of your little darling’s attempt to physically separate my hose from my house. No, he did not bother with the conventional screw on fittings.