IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Hat's off to Connecticut.

It's their day. Nationally. Ben there, not that impressive but it was winter time.
Still no official word from the USACE on the Flounder Pond. A few more rainy spells like we had the past week and Ol' Joe will have to truck in more dirt because what's in there is spreading all over the effing pond. AND it needs a mow. 

It's also NATIONAL LAZY DAY
Today there will not be much information regarding this annually celebrated holiday as we do not feel like doing any research. Actually, we do not feel like doing anything at all. So we are in our hammocks with a couple of good books and glasses of lemonade and iced tea. Yes, it is National Lazy Day, and we choose to be lazy rather than tell you that this holiday is observed each year on August 10th.

The creator and origin of National Lazy Day could not be found. I think I hear my hammock calling....

No comments: