IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

National Pet Photo Day

So here's a new picture of Tinker. Hi Tinker, who's a good girl?

STRIPPER Contest

First, I had to prepare the stage. The Stage is our 1964 Aljo, Curb Side, below the big windows. I marked off more or less equal space for our three contestants.
Thus.
Now let's meet our contestants shall we? From left to right...
A true Southern Belle, all the way from Memphis, CitrisStrip. She loves the environment and prefers to be outdoors but she can work behind closed doors if you know what I mean. wink wink. I will confess she does smell yummy!
Next up from beautiful, downtown Wheeling Illinois it is my pleasure to introduce to you, MultiStrip. Don't let her looks fool you, she may not be as vertically gifted as the other two but her name says it all, Multi! Up to 7 layers if you can believe it!
Our last contestant is one tall drink of ......well it's tall. Aaaand Easy! Says so right up front. I'm a big fan of EZ! No messy wardrobe changes, just squeeze. And squeeze. and ... I guess thats all it takes in her hometown of Windsor, Ontario and that's in Canada!

So following all the (very simple) instructions we end up looking like this.

SO far so good. I set my timer while I'm spreading the love to my 20 year old Jeep. 30 minutes later we have this.



And 1 hour later we get to this. Maybe number three just isn't used to the heat. Or maybe it's the humidity. Or, well, Canada...


After an hour and change I scrape it all off and I'm betting that big summer thunder bumper stays out over the bay as I apply a second coat. I'll really put ol' number 3 on heavy this time. Who knows, It might just be shy.
Let's see how long it takes to get down to bare shiny metal.


No comments: