IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

National Hot Dog Day!

I love me a hot dog. grilled, boiled, pan fried, deep fried, whatever
  The National Hot Dog and Sausage Council has designated July as Hot Dog Month and for 2017 Wednesday, July 19 as National Hot Dog Day.
Over 25 million hot dogs are sold at baseball stadiums each year.
On May 31, 2012, a world record was set for the most expensive hot dog. The “California Capitol City Dawg” sold for $145.49 at Capitol Dawg in Sacramento, California.
7-Eleven sells the most grilled hot dogs in North America – 100 million annually.
And 230lb 6'1" Joey "Jaws" Chestnut beat his own previous record by eating 74 Nathans hot dogs AND buns in 10 minutes. I gotta admit, I don't love 'em that much.
This is one of eleven Nathan's Foot longs that were served at Wyatts' Birthday
party last Friday.

See my new driveway? If you've ever pulled in it you're welcome. 
Last March I called League City Construction about doing the job. They were the closest maybe a mile away. They came out, measured and provided an estimate that I agreed to. They'd get back to me. I called in May and left a message. I called two weeks ago and suggested I'd been forgotten. The young lady said she had nothing about the job but she's look in to it and call me right back. 10 days ago I called Mullen. They are in San Leon, maybe 7 miles away. Their estimator called me back and left a message. I called him back and left a message. 

Tuesday I called Sullivan Paving. They showed up yesterday at 6:30 with a crew of 4 and finished about an hour later. 
And they are from Spring. 50 + miles away. I could not be happier with my new driveway. Congrats Sullivan Crew. You have one very satisfied customer. 





No comments: