IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Not a good cause...

A truly Great cause. 
I hope to see you there.

Well the latest is the moved the Tropical Storm Warnings a little farther west to include us. I guess we can expect some high tides at the least. Bret should be a tad more interesting.

May of '86 saw a tribute to Jane Long Day. Drag out your Texas History book. She was know as “The Mother of Texas”. And the only known mention of a Jalapeno Eating Contest at Beto’s. Remember Betos'? It was where Skippers is now. We have to apologize for the poor quality of the front page but it’s all we had. 2001saw the Caldwell’s putting on the third annual Chili Cook off. Their’s is a CASI sanctioned event unlike the 30+year event at Wards. When you get around to reading Jay Stailey’s story about Tommy Chapman, you’ll find the ending in May of 2001. We may be years away from having a public pool but it hasn’t stopped us from having a pool committee. And Island Historian J. Garst is researching the origin of the name of Jarboe Bayou. I wonder if she found the answer. I bet she did. Read some more great stories from long gone neighbors and friends about the fiasco the was the Rita Evac. The price of ManCakes goes up to a staggering $4. The 4th Carolling Carters event got a great write up. This event is my Island Favorite. Thanks Caldwell’s. June has a good looking Key Lime Pie recipe. I’ll try to get that posted later this week. Remember the Tree Islanders I keep talking about? That's them Lower right. 

No comments: