IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Not gonna be easy

It's National Onion Ring Day and National Chocolate Eclair Day. I gotta tell ya I love me Burger King onion rings. Before you even go there Tookies are just too big.

2.5 inches in my rain gauge. Cindy is on her way to Arkansas and odds are taking the rain with her. We needed the rain, my 'maters were looking a might peeked.

2007. Just a tad over 10 years ago. Remember the local duo Tall and Short of It? They played at the Christmas Party. They were fun. The Sandbar put on the Mardi Gras Golf Cart Parade again. My memory could be off but I think this was the year of the HurricHaynes. A concoction created at the old Knotty Pine Lodge and distributed around the hood. I don't remember being in the parade but I was told I had a good time? I'm pretty sure there is a current standing ordinance against future HurricHaynes. A neighbor kid started a website just for other kids. Way to go Madeline. The Island threw one hell of a benefit for Brett Bailey. Hard to believe that's been 10 years go. Long time resident and Island mover and Shaker Juanita Flurry gave us a brief history of where the Steam Tables came from and hoe they got to be here. Nope. Not gonna tell ya. It's an Island Lore story. One of the longer running bylines is Island Cooking by Susan Perez. You seen a bunch of her recipes copied and posted here. In April she'll tell you not only how she seasons' her cast iron but she'll throw in her Country Pot Roast recipe. Susan for the win!
Hard to believe it's been damn near two months getting all this info scanned in. Seems like it was just last week that I drug my HP out from under the desk and plugged it in. And that folks is it. Except for the odd recipes and photos I stumble on. See you around the Island.

Dumbest shit I read today goes to three goobers from Wisconsin. I guess they are tired of buying lotto tickets and figured this is faster. Please Big Box stores don't settle or you will open the dumbass flood gates for other bottom feeding lawyers.

MILWAUKEE — Two home improvements stores are accused of deceiving the buyers of four-by-four boards, the big brother to the ubiquitous two-by-four.

The alleged deception: Menards and Home Depot (HD) market and sell the hefty lumber as four-by-fours without specifying that the boards actually measure 3½ inches by 3½ inches.
Puhleeesee....

No comments: