IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

National Chocolate Ice Cream Day

Beat that!


So here's a question to all you hoarder wanna be's out there. Do you have any old Islanders squirreled away somewhere? If you do, drop me a line. We have the vast majority of the past 30+ years in the process of being loaded on the Clubs website and now we are looking to fill in a few blanks. If you think you have something please let me know. If we can use them I'll scan them in and return them to you unharmed, I promise.

1986 was mercifully short. The Galveston Bay Cruising Association, AKA GBCA, officially moved to Watergate Marina. And just in time for the grand opening of the new ships store. The first copy I have seen of the Clubs By-Laws are published. The annual Shrimp Boil, to celebrate the Blessing of the Fleet is held. I think this tradition is worth looking into and bringing back? How about you? Dallas Croft is the first BOI that I've read about. Her brother Travis still lives here. A note was placed in the Islander explaining to everyone that the Civic Clubs Coke Machine does not take pennies. I came across a recipe called Better than Sex. I will find it.

Odds are that was a Chinkapin Oak in the last post.

Well when all the intel chiefs say says there is nothing going on what is it gonna take to move on?

One leak plugged. How many more to go? Thousands is my guess.

1 comment:

Doris Sanders said...

I love that you're doing the scanning thing with the old Islanders. Thank you from the rest of us!