IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Kitchen Klutz Day

This one has my name all over it. If you would have seen the kitchen/dining room after the Jack in the Box tacos.....

NATIONAL KITCHEN KLUTZES OF AMERICA DAY

Each June 13 honors those who would like to cook and be in the kitchen, but it just doesn’t seem to work well for them. After all, it is National Kitchen Klutzes of America Day.
These are the people who set out with the intentions of Paula Dean or Julia Child as the open up the cookbook. Setting out the mixing bowl and ingredients, they imagine knife cuts as swift as Wolfgang Puck or Bobby Flay. However, reality quickly dissolves all those dreams as smoke billows from the oven and salt is mistaken for sugar. Those knife cuts become bloody and cookies and fingers are burnt. 
Can I get an AMEN! Although I am not the one that uses our smoke detector as an oven timer. Just sayin'.

Here's one from Thanksgiving Dinner 2005. See how many you can name. Remember so of us are aging in dog years so be nice.

The nev erending Insurance Story, Part V.
Got a rate reduction on our flood insurance and a check. They have refunded $2,900 dollars that they overcharged us for the year. The problem is they have been overcharging us since 2010. I'm not math wiz but I'm thinking they are about $17, 400 short. Time to get on the phone.


No comments: