IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

It's National Flag Day

But I'm sure you knew that. But did you know it's also Bourbon Day? UhHuh. Or National Strawberry Shortcake Day? It's like a little mini jackpot!

On June 14 we honor Old Glory on National Flag Day. This day commemorates the adoption of the United States flag on June 14, 1777. On National Flag Day, Americans show respect for the U.S. Flag and what it represents. Representing independence and unity, the Stars and Stripes have become a powerful symbol of Americanism and is flown proudly. While Betsy Ross has been given credit for stitching together the first American flag, there isn’t any sound evidence supporting the story. At the same time, there isn't any to disprove it, either. During Ross’s Revolutionary time, several standards were carried bearing red and white stripes and varying symbols where the blue field and stars now reside. Since 1777, the design of the flag has been officially modified 26 times. For 47 years, the 48-star flag was in effect. In 1959, the 49-star version became official on July 4. President Eisenhower ordered the 50-star flag on August 21, 1959. Seventeen-year-old Robert G. Heft of Ohio designed the 50-star American flag. His was one of the more than 1,500 designs that were submitted to President Dwight D. Eisenhower.

HISTORY On May 30, 1916, President Woodrow Wilson issued a proclamation deeming June 14 as Flag Day. President Wilson stated, “It is the anniversary of the day upon which the flag of the United States was adopted by the Congress as the emblem of the Union.” He also wrote, “On that day rededicate ourselves to the nation, ‘one and inseparable’ from which every thought that is not worthy of our fathers’ first vows in independence, liberty, and right shall be excluded and in which we shall stand with united hearts.”

Today I cast a nay vote over there → on the Trump-o-meter. Why? Simply because he is entertaining the idea of changing our Cuban Policy again. I'm pretty sure He's not mad at them. I know I'm not. I don't know of anyone who is and I damn sure can't think of any reason for anyone to be mad at the Cubans. That means he is giving in to special interests like the Miami. Get over yourself Miami. Time to move on.

Picked up 10 more years of Islanders today. I'll work my way through them looking to fill in any blanks. So far we are looking good.

NEIS VI. Contact. Sort of. I am trying to keep the "Agent" out of this. At this point Maxim serves no purpose. Actually They haven't served a purpose since 2003. I got through to the call center for Wright Flood. They reluctantly took my message. It was to be delivered to someone in the appraissal dept. An hour later I get an email from the "Agent" and she wants to know what the question is. I send her all the questions i have as of right now including why is she back in the middle of this shitstorm. Believe it or not Wright lost my phone number. Imagine that.

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey   
and car keys to teenage boys.
-- P.J. O'Rourke

No comments: