IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

How Time Flies.

It was one of the first City Council meetings I went to after we moved here in 2001. Mayor Guthrie presided and the big topic was a proposed Rack n Stack on City property across from Lazy Bend. Most of the folks who attended the meeting were from Lazy Bend and none of them wanted a big building built there. I'm sure there is a tactful way of telling folks their opinion doesn't matter but Mayor Ted went with "You have no voice here". I get it but I'm thinking some of our Lazy Bend neighbors are missing that point. That was the gist of last night's Council meeting. The developer of the Star Fleet property was there discussing the proposed hotel and there were several Benders there voicing their displeasure at not being included in the development talks. Where's Ted when you need him. The proposed "Sweet Shop" at the old art gallery is trying to get opened in two weeks, and Club President Pricilla invited everyone to the next Club meeting July 6th.
Golf Cart parade line up starts as soon as you get there or by 10:30 whichever is convenient. It will start rolling at 11:30 to be back at the park for Noon. You do NOT have to be a member of the Club to be in the parade but you do have to be a member to win a trophy. NO OPEN CONTAINERS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE PARADE. It's against the law!

Here is the meatloaf recipe I've been talking about. This is dinner tonight.

 
I'm looking for a plumber for a small job. Anyone have a recommendation? Thx.

Another golden oldie.

No comments: