IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Yes it is.

Star Wars Day. Don't make me say it. Crap OK, May The Fourth Be With You. I couldn't help myself.

Pool membership and Ice Cream Social/Civc Club meeting at the pool today. 6:30. If you get there behind me too bad. I've been told it will go faster if you print out and complete the form ahead of time.
Went a little retro today. I scanned 1978 and 79 Islanders. Here's some of the fun stuff I read.
The biggest tree on the Island is at 311 Clear Lake Road. The Island survived Tropical Storm Claudette. The lake rose 9 feet and due to subsidence Our little slice of paradise took on a lot of water. I lived in Camino South on the other side of the lake. Club membership was a whopping $1 for a year. The Civic Club had it's own boat ramp. (the one at Queen) There was a place called Fayebelles Lounge in Clear Lake Shores but there was no address. Anyone have a clue? in 1978 the 20 MPH limit was put in to place. As was the ordinance to ban horses. And they are looking at the other hoofed animals. Tags are REQUIRED for all dogs. There is an ad for Joe Lee's Self Serv gas station. Was it the Gulf Station on the corner? The City had a growth spurt in annexing from Jarboe Bayou to 2094 and up to Watergate. And speaking of Watergate, they used to put on the fireworks show on the 4th.
The 12th annual Clear Lake Shores Drag Race is shaping up. It's not a very pretty shape mind you but it's a shape non the less. Word on the street is all proceeds will go to the Civic Club Scholarship Fund. More as I get it.

No comments: