IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, May 25, 2017

National Wine Day

BOOM! Coincidence that the first long weekend of summer is here? I think not.

The Wife's plane landed a few minutes early. Thank God. Thanks to ICE which used to be called INS it took her 1 hour and 19 minutes to get from the plane to the exit. I was counting the Air Crews that were coming out and stopped at 9. That's 9 whole airplanes. I was informed that there were three ICE nose pickers on "duty". So, a 10 hour flight from England and a two hour wait to get to the lobby. Yeeaah, thats the impression you want to implant on foreign visitors. As screwed up as you were as Immigration and Naturalization I think you knotheads may have reset the bar as ICE. What an embarrassment.
2001 is in the bank. A lot was going on here 16 plus years ago. I learned that Clear Lake Shores covers 204 acres. My Pal Clyde is on the cover of the December issue. I'm guessing he's about 19 months old. Lots of talk about how to annex the Home Depot property. Property has been donated for a community pool. Remember where that was? Forest and CLR. Uh Huh. The lift station. Pass. There is a new Recipe of the Month article running. I'll get as many as I can but I will probably pass on the Hawaiian hot dogs..... There has been an article from Jay Staley called Island Stories. Its a fun read. A good article about Alligators and as if needed all the reasons to leave them the hell alone. To fill in the shoes of the late Mrs. Roeshot a new Historian has been appointed. It lists one Jean Garth but I will bet money it's a typo and should have been Jean Garst. Someone will correct me If I'm wrong. Some of our neighbors did a tree inventory that covered City property and all Right of Ways. Pretty impressive. Two pie related events at the 4th celebration. One was throwing and the other was eating. I could get behind either one of those. Then there was 9/11. And those assholes created the mess we know as ICE. There is a special place in Hell for them.

Gotta go get my TDL renewed. note to self, pick up your glasses first......dang!


No comments: