IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

National Taffy day.

Boiled sugar and butter. Who knew? Not a fan, it pulls my fillings out.

Guess where the wifey is? Manchester. Thanks to the assholes she will have to go to the airport even earlier than normal. My thoughts and prayers are with the parents and the kids who had to experience this nightmare. I can not imagine. Well, Ms. May, the assholes just delivered your BREXIT plan and new immigration policy wrapped in bloody roses. Use it well. Too bad we're too civilized to deal with these animals in an effective manner. Hurry home Hon.

I picked up some more Islanders this morning. A bit of  jackpot as we are able to fill some missing months from '97 and '98. The first item to jump off the page was Sailor Shea winning 1st place at the Weinerdog Nationals at Gulf Greyhound Park. Remember back a few posts/weeks/months/years when he won third? Go Team Shea!!
There is a lot of concern about the Clear Creek drainage plan. Sounds like the Corps wants to straighten the creek and others don't. Add the fact that the Brio site up in Friendswood, 1/2 mile off the creek, has just made the Superfund list and some folks downstream are getting twitchy. I get it.
Have I mentioned how much it makes me smile when I see the cartoon they chose for the soup cook off? I love it.


A lot of folks calling for restrictions on who is "welcome" on the Island. Sound familiar? This could be from the last Council meeting. There's an article making fun of political correctness. It was copied from 1993! Funny, I don't remember us letting those dumbasses make the calls that long ago. I learned that the Cherokee word for possum means "smiling pig".
It just dawned on me that for better or worse once these Islanders are uploaded to "the cloud" our deeds will be recorded for all the world to see and possibly enjoy. Yep. Coffee stains and all, our neighbors, past and present will be with us for the foreseeable future. Wannna live forever? We might just be on our way.

African American Caucus leaders want to know why U.S. Rep. Maxine Waters was cut off during state convention speech.

Pick me! pick me! maybe someone with a brain got tired of stupid shit falling out of her pie hole?

No comments: