IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

National Macaroon Day

In my haste to be done with yesterdays post I overlooked congratulating the winner of the our local drag race. Thence.
My most sincere apologies to the 2017 Queen of Clear Lake Shores. Ms. Erik(a) That's herm next to the amazon in the black top, which is last years winner. Pretty sure the splits was the kicker.



I am up to 2003. Our City grew by the size of Stewart Elementary, Home Depot, Target and IHOP. Howzat for a growth spurt? A bunch of islanders bought and donated palm trees to be planted on 2094. The first Steak and Sinatra event takes place at the Club House. What a great turnout that was! And only $8 a head.
I will definitely print Susans' Italian Cream Cake recipe. I'm drooling reading the ingredient list. Yikes! Had to cancel the children's Easter {arty for lack of volunteers to help. A couple of friends and neighbors on Narcissus tried to talk the EDC into funding a park on the west side of the Island. There was a empty lot, and I use this term loosely because while there was no house on this lot there was one hell of an Oak tree. I remember this tree well simply because it was such a beauty. I'm pretty sure it would be the record holder had it survived progress. Such is our plight. Whatever happened to the "Island Girls"? They used to meet on a fairly regular basis for lunch or whatever. They used to advertise and posted their open invitation in the Islander. Are y'all still out there? I know the ROMEO's are still active....

Here's the recipe. Comments appreciated.
 
A liberal friend asked me what I thought he might need in order to defend his home and family from home invasion.
I suggested a 9mm, a couple of clips, and a box of shells.
A few days later he sent me this picture and asked me how to make it all work.
He voted for Obama -- twice

No comments: