IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

National Cherry Cobbler Day

Sign me up!!
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/72815/fresh-cherry-cobbler/

OMG
So the Corps of Engineers has red tagged the work on the Flounder Pond. I gotta say I'm not mad about that. I listened to both sides at the City Council meeting and I will give that round to Paul and Linda. Joe's appeal to the crowd was strictly emotional. I'm not sure how I feel about pissing off all your neighbors to help someone else. I guess it's how you want to spin it. I'll leave that up to you. 

BTW The Islander referred to it as "The Lagoon" as late as 1998. Just sayin'. In other 1998 Islander news, The Bayview Duck runs it's first ad. Island Lore is a new article. Tropical Storm Frances tears up a lot of stuff and makes everything really, really wet. There's a wooden bear named John at Ivy & Oak. The Civic Club purchases Street Signs for the City. The Civic Club creates a Parks Committee. The South Shore Beer Garden icon "BurgerHead" makes his debut. And hears one I bet no one saw coming. Clear Lake Shores got it start from some folks who had a summer retreat called Camp Hughes. They thought the undeveloped little Island could be turned into something special. How right those forward thinkers were. Oh, Camp Hughes, We know it now as Lazy Bend. BOOM!

How would you like to see a few recipes from some of our neighbors past and present? I saw more than a few recipes that I want to try. I'll post 'em here.

Island Wide Garage Sale is Saturday. Get ready for some crazy traffic. Keep an eye on the little ones not everyone can handle our skinny streets.

On to Memorial Day and The Civic CLubs Crawfish Boil-Off at the Shelley Pavilion. I hear they need cooks and judges! 

Next It's our first Jammin' on Jarboe concert featuring 
Bag of Donuts Straight outta NOLA just for us. Check 'em out here.

http://bagofdonuts.com/

drum roll please......then it's




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a test to see if anon is still on.

Anonymous said...

Why didn't the building inspector stop the "Flounder hole" debacle before it got started. Permits?..