IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

National Brothers day

I think I'll call my baby brother.

Gettin' ready for the weekend. Papa Duck, AKA Kurt, wants you to know he's having a band at his place this Sunday from 7 till 10. Drop by and introduce yourself. That's N Shore at Queen.

Remember to bring $$$ to the Drag Race! Peoples Choice is counted by the dollars raised! Please spread the word!

I just finished 2000 and guess what? There's talk about a new Target AND a Home Depot coming to town. A developer has pulled permits. The Club is sponsoring a $400 cruise to Mexico for any interested members, courtesy of Delesandri Tours. There's also talk of a hotel being built(again) and all the hoo haa that involves ordinances. Alma Roeshot passes away. I mentioned her previously as the town historian. I promise you will love reading her stuff.
Club President Kathleen Gay is spearheading Grove Park and it's new playground equipment. She passes later that year. There is a regular column called Restaurant Review. Doesn't that sound like a fun job. I think President Ronnie gives this a whirl from time to time but it could be  fun regular article. I saw but didn't read the story about the Giant Cockroaches of Clear Lake Shores. I will make it a point to get back to that one. I want to see how they stack up against those big bastards in Key West! And last but not least the recipe for Italian Grits. Stand by on this site for this one.

Here's a thought given all the stink that is going on at the Flounder Pond. Granted, Joe's Dirt (didn't they make a movie about this?) is by far the biggest dump that has been taken in the pond but not the only. One neighbor bought one lot to shore up his yard, installed a bulkhead and hence had to fill in some dirt. And a neighbor at the other end bought the lot behind Mr. Franks and filled it in. I did hear some grumbling from a few folks but nothing was ever said out loud. No complaints to the City either. That said, back in '96 when a fellow named Don built the house "over" the pond he got approval from the Corp. Why? Because the Corp deemed it tidal back then. Now here's the question. If, and it's a big if, If (see what I did there?) Joe has to remove his dirt will the Corp make the other two remove their dirt? Tidal is tidal right? What a tangled web we weave.

Hurricane season starts in about 150 hours. Those in the know are predicting a busier than normal season. I wonder if they are getting that from the fact that we've already had Arlene. Last month. Get ready now...

Time to pick up my Sweetie Pie from the airport.

No comments: