IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Mothers' Day Y'all

Hard to imagine she's been gone 22 years and Dad 42 years. The good news is I think about them both everyday. 

Did you go to the "Special Meeting" last night? What a great turnout. I haven't seen that many folks in the building since Steak & Sinatra Night. I hope you came away with all the answers you were looking for.  I realize there's one or two out there who may not have gotten the answers they wanted but that's a different subject. I for one thought they did a good job. And a special tip of the hat to Bryan who is on neither the EDC or City Council. Good job folks.

Ever see this map? It's on the wall at City Hall.

It shows Laurel Street running right through what we now refer to as the flounder pond. Back in the day it was called Mud Bottom pond. In a past Islander 

Looks like they weren't too keen on the idea then either. I will miss The Flounder Pond. That's were my son learned to cast a rod and reel. We heard the same story as most of you. You could buy the underwater lots but could not build on them. It happens. Subsidence was a major pain all around the bay area. That said I love the fact that someone did their homework and found the stories to be false. Joe literally discovered a sunken treasure. Good for you Joe. 
Bye Bye Flounder Pond.

I'll buy you a beer if you know what this is.
Close but no cigar. It's Coon bait. Tonight's the night. Bubba on the youtubes says this is the best coon bait in the world. I'll keep you posted.


Dumbest shit I read today, 
Man arrested after 'masturbating vigorously' in public because he 'hates Portland'

No comments: