IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, May 1, 2017

Chocolate Parfait Day!

I'm in! So early yesterday we asked our 16 year old what he was going to cook for the family dinner. Not much of a thought later he pops out Fish and Chips. I love Fish and Chips. He obviously was remembering his last trip to see the Grandparents. I asked him to find a recipe and make sure we had all the ingredients. He had no idea what malt vinegar is or where to find it. A short info-mercial on the wonderfulness of the properly applied condiment hidden in the fridge and done.

That' Cod. Done perfectly. In Cast Iron and we treated the Mom and fried it outside.

Job well Done Son!

Recognize these little gems? They hang in packs by the hundreds and look like spiders. Don't gas 'em just yet. They are called Bark Lice but they are not related to Lice so still don't gas 'em. The Interwebs say they are beneficial to your trees so.... hey it's your tree. 

Stuff I found out about our little Island today. We used to throw the Islander to Lazy Bend and I read all about how they wanted to be annexed. I am not to the end of that story yet but I think I know how it ends. Redfish was officially pronounced awash by the Coasties. There was a story about a 10' parrot on the Island. I read more about Possums that I thought I ever would and not quite enough about the house of ill repute that was here. The 1990 Census data is a hoot. They celebrated the Club House' birthday in October. In 1991 it was 65.





No comments: