IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Saturday, May 20, 2017

ARMED FORCES DAY


Armed Forces Day is a day to pay tribute to the men and women who serve the United States Armed Forces. Armed Forces Day, which is celebrated on the third Saturday in May, is part of Armed Forces Week.
Trees. We talked about 'em a week or so ago. Once upon a time the largest tree on the Island was thought to be an Oak of some sort at 314 Clear Lake Road. Well, that tree is gone so as I wander aimlessly around out little slice of paradise I am looking for a new contender. I thought about the Black Jack Oak at Sundial Park but no. And I remember a huge Oak that used to be on Narcissus but it too is long gone. Kim and Joe on Oak have a contender but...my neighbor Reva has the prize so far. Her two Live Oaks have not only survived Ike, Alicia and Frances but years of butchery by HL&P's hackers. The north tree measures 9 feet 8 1/2 inches around and the south tree is 8 feet 7 inches. I'll post height as soon as I figure out how to get it. You think you know where there is a bigger tree? Let me know. 
IWGS is in full swing. Time for me to don my best apron and assume the position. 

No comments: