IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, April 6, 2017

WOOT!

It's National Burrito Day!


Civic Club meeting tonight! We are gonna elect new officers and say THANX to the old ones.

An Insurance Tale. Part III.
Well, a new company is on their way out to survey the house and provide another new elevation certificate. Elevation Xpress out of Katy came recommended by some neighbors in the business. So I asked our "agent" Karen a hypothetical. Let's just assume that the check box on that new elevation certificate is not there. Whay would my flood rates be and what am I paying right now? Her answer Right now the premium is $3,477.00, using the elevation certificate would bring it down to approximately $600.00.   Once the Elevation certificate is updated,  I can the this year’s premium adjusted."
What would be your response? Back in March of 2010 I sent them everything they asked for. To my way of thinkin' Someone we know and love is due a refund. In July 1975 an old man I worked with informed me that insurance companies are not in the business of paying claims. They are in the business of making money. Which they make by not paying money out. I have watched that truism play out many times since then and I'm assuming I'll get to watch it again up close and personal very soon. Is now the time to lawyer up or should I wait and give them an opportunity to do the right thing? Epilogue to follow.

Off to the passport office to get a renewal. $110 later, new pics and I'll do it by mail.


No comments: