IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Friday, April 28, 2017

National Superhero Day?

Who's yours? Your Mom or your Dad? Tough choice.

I'm up to April 1992 in scanning our old Islanders. There is too much good stuff here to miss. I hope most of you had the opportunity to meet some of our "older" treasures here on the Island. I use that term less and less. I'm pretty sure I met Sue Davis many years back but I could be wrong. I hope I did and I really hope she gets a lot of thanks for all She and Joe did here. If you're lucky you've met Buzz and you have got to check out some of Buzz 'stories. There are stories about local Pirates both at sea and on land. Pay attention and you can find the story of Dr. Joe and his Pink Caddy. I love it Joe. I don't think I had the pleasure of meeting Virginia Bolin but she's another story teller. Jean Garst is another. Her and Larry still live here. It's folks like them that made this the place you wanted to live. They were active in the Club, contributed regularly to the Islander and most importantly got involved in politics. That's what makes it folks.

If you have a few minuted to kill check out this youtube video sent to me by neighbor Grant. Can you identify anything? I'd love to hear it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NciY_Q33W8o
It's 1984. Thats the year I moved to Legend Point. Joe Lee was the Mayor. I used to come over for Council meetings just to find out what was going on. What a HOOT!

OK, Breaks over. Back on my head.

Oh It's National Blueberry Pie day too. That was my favorite until that unfortunate event in the ships bakery. But that's another story.


No comments: