IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

National Deep Dish Pizza Day

Is today. We like Marco's but almost always order Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut has better wings. Don't fight it, just know it. What's your favorite delivered pizza? Who remembers Shakee's Pizza?

Part of my daily routine is reading a half dozen news sites. I start local and work out. CNN is about a week from being replaced. Maybe Google News. The only upside story they have today is not even a news story. The Dow is up 171 points. Ugh! Downright depressing. At least the HuffPo has the story about the mattress and the motorcycle. On second thought I guess all the seedy stories about O'Reilly and or Fox count as good news to most of the haters. and trolls. It's just sad.

Last nights council meeting was very well attended. Biggest crowd I've seen in a while. Here's what I took away.
Per request, copies of the Texas Pledge are posted all over so we can follow along. Thanks Christy!
The Island Wide Clean up is this weekend. Get off your butt and meet at Jarboe.
The Civic Club votes on new officers tomorrow. There will be a discussion on how to fix their election cycle to avoid having a new slate every year. Should be interesting.
There will be a couple of dumpsters in the parks this weekend and again for the IWGS
An electronics disposal is being set up down at the dog track in La Marque. More when I get it.
Joe H talked about a walking path around the island. I have mixed feelings on this how about you? All the references to South Shore has them and Seabrook and blah, blah, blah. Fine. Move there if you like it better. Problem solved. Yes, it gets the walkers/joggers out of the street. No argument there. He even  invoked the "think of the chiruns". Taking six plus feet from my waterfront lease will leave me parking my buggie on the path. And of course I would fully expect my yearly lease rate to be reduced. And then there's the annual maintenance in perpetuity. Or at least until the next Ike washed it into the bayou. Maybe I will get on board, just for the entertainment aspect, if they start on East Shore first. I want to see them tell Ted they are going through his yard! Dibs on front row seats for that conversation. I don't walk much but when I do I like to walk down the streets and visit with my neighbors and you don't know anybody big enough to make me run so I'm just not on board. How about you?
Our accounting firm says we are looking really good.
Okies Corner was passed with a three-two vote. Progress. Councilwomen Bailey and Fenwick were not on board.

Enjoy your day neighbors!

2 comments:

mike linbeck said...

We walk a lot and would love to see the sidewalk from city hall to the boat ramp only. In the bright morning and late evening sun, car traffic do not see us in the bright sun in there face. Yes we step off the road to ongoing traffic but a lot of people don't. It would just be nice to walk the pup off the street. Take a walk sometime at going to work time and you may see what we see. It doesn't have to be concrete, decayed granite would be even better. Just my 2 cents worth.
Mike Linbeck

C.L.Lenert said...

Going west from city hall on Shore Drive for about 1/3 of the way toward Sundial Park, the space from the edge of existing road to the boat slip is pretty narrow. As said before it would not leave many slip owners room to park at their slip.
How about making Shore Dr one way? It would leave plenty of room for walkers, bikers, and cars.