IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

It's National Garlic Day!


If you love garlic raise your hand. Me too. My third favorite spice.

This stinking rose is a member of the lily family. This family also includes onions, leeks and shallots. While garlic originated in Asia over 7,000 years ago, it is used in a variety of cuisines, but it is also used for medicinal purposes.
It is considered an herbal remedy for colds, and it has been suggested to reduce blood pressure and cholesterol. Modern science has proven garlic’s antibiotic properties.

Myth and superstition reek of garlic. The most familiar one is garlic wards off vampires. You'd think it would apply somewhat to mosquitos too but no. Folklore tells us garlic grew from satan’s left footprint when he left the Garden of Eden;
To dream about garlic in the house is supposed to mean good luck and if the dream includes eating garlic there might be hidden secrets. There are over 300 varieties of garlic in the world to dream about as well!
Gilroy, California is known as the Garlic Capital of the World. Will Rogers was once quoted as saying it is “…the only place in America where you can marinate a steak just by hanging it out on a clothes line.”

Sooooo, who makes the call between a "hate" crime or an act of terrorism? I can't help but wonder what criteria they use. I guess it could be considered a retirement plan because it was in California. Come on big one.

Too much bullshit in Facebook land. This is me taking a break. Not sure what my pal and our neighbor is looking for. Has anyone asked him what he wants? He's gotta want something. I would but I'm just not that interested.

Good attendance at last nights Council meeting. Here's what I took away from it.
WCID talked up the upcoming bond election. It's a good thing. The election is on May 5th and you can vote at the fire station. May 4th is the Ice Cream Social and pool membership signup. 6:30 at the pool. Johnathon Boultinghouse was appointed to the EDC. Congrats Johnathon and thanks for stepping up. They are looking at doing the custom brick sale again. I'm in for three bricks. If you are interested get hold of a pool person. The ordinance estblishing a standards base for hotels was voted down but the other two were passed. No, Craig was not there.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That semi-retarded shit for brain didn't show up at EDC either according to alen Caruthers. He just wants to act like he's informed and knows whats happening. He doesn't want anything. just trying to be involved

Scott said...

I no longer live in CLS as I had to move for work, but I still try to keep up. A friend of mine cut and pasted and forwarded me a bunch of the recent Facebook crap that Craig was stirring up. I remember the original Town Center debate. It is a shame that a certain group was able to derail progress and now that the good folks are gaining traction you have a clueless shit-stirrer trying to screw it up. He doesn't know the difference between a question and a statement or opinion.

And then when people try to help he either ignores it or criticizes them. Horner was trying his best and then he got trashed for no reason. He has more patience than I do, that's for sure.

Carry on the fight. CLS was a great place to live and I hope to be back there soon.