IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

It's Peanut Butter Lovers Day!

  • It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter.
  • Peanut butter was first sold in the United States at the Universal Exposition in St. Louis by C.H. Sumner.  He sold $705.11 of the “new treat” at his concession stand.
  • Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup was introduced to America in 1928.
  • The oldest operating manufacturer and seller of peanut butter has been selling peanut butter since 1908.
  • Peanut butter was the controlling secret behind “Mr. Ed,” TV’s talking horse.
  • Americans spend almost $800 million a year on peanut butter.
  • January 24th is National Peanut Butter Day.
The only brand you'll find in the Batchelor household is Jif. But you will find Creamy and Extra Crunchy.

Not bad at all. Our brand new President gets another Thumbs up from me today. I liked almost everything he said. Apparently so did the Houston Chronicle and lets face it, they  have not said many positive things about any republican. Then I went over to see what CNN had to say. In their fact checker list it was, in my opinion, all good. The one item they claimed was false was about the numbers about where bad guys come from. I personally don’t give a shit where they come from as long as they are dealt with like the vermin they are. But I digress. President Trump described the numbers as vast but CNN gives them a 50/50. CNN did admit they did not have access  to the same numbers and they admit they used different numbers numbers but they still hold on their 50/50 and filed that claim under not true. Pretty much the rest were given a True/ Mostly True, and True but Misleading. That last definition can be found at any time in any paper. That was pretty much the consensus of every other news outlet I read, foreign and domestic. I will admit I was happy to see N Pelosi looking so pained. I know it’s wrong but she’s such a piece of shit. 
So my left leaning friends, did he do good enough to warrant a “yes” vote in our poll? To the haters out there. Work on your blood pressure before you hurt yourself. 

Did you hear the one about ISIS threatening China? How do I get a front row seat to that rat killin’?


Happy hump day. I'm going to see my insurance agent about a refund. Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Bryan said...

Yesterday, we finally got a President.

Anonymous said...

Because he had set such low expectations that anything short of a foaming at the mouth rant was a success? Read the speech and think of any other President giving it. You will be unimpressed.

Bryan said...

I don't respond to Anonymous. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Uh... you just did. Sorry.
It's the logic that you should consider responding to.
If this guy had done anything other than read the teleprompter it would have been a complete joke.

I admit. Us "haters" were hoping for that.

Anonymous said...

I think anonymous is trying to insinuate that a president reading a speech, written by someone else, on a teleprompter makes the president a complete joke.

Amen brother. The silent majority has been thinking that same thing for the past eight years. Thank you, liberal phuck-tards, for screwing everything up so royally America made the decision to try something completely different with this experiment we know as democracy.