IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, March 20, 2017

Happy First Day of Spring

We are wrapping up our Jamaica week blog with a few odds and ends. Like I said yesterday we took a little side trip to the famous tourist destination of Negril. If you're old you remember Ricks when they didn't take money. Wink Wink. Well we didn't go to ricks and we didn't jump off the cliffs( this time) we went to a cute little beach side watering hole on the main drag. Actually it's he only drag, called . Typical tourist beach bar.


A couple of big birds in bigger cages at the entrance. Charlie and Buddy a Macaw and Cockatoo in that order. Nice beach with lots of access to water sports. Most of the boys went on a little snorkeling adventure. I wish they hadn't stored the snorkel gear with the extra gas cans though. Here's a reality check for me. I have been diving/snorkeling around the planet. I tell everyone I know the saltiest water I have ever been in is Jamaica. How about you?

John Stevens came back with us for a visit to the States.
He's the guy who keeps our touristy butts out of hot water when we go to his country. He works on the school and does other chores at the Great House too. John's oldest daughter is looking for a laptop/tablet to help get her through school as a phlebotomist. If you have one you're not using and would like to sell please drop me or Rick a line or reply here and I'll contact you. Thanks in advance.

I know I mentioned Luna Sea Inn. Did I mention the sunsets?

Here's my shameless Texas A & M plug. You paying attention A & M Admittance Galveston? We're spreading good will with your name on it! Hell, who knows it might be worth an extra point or two...

Well here's a parting shot of the school and the two lead characters that get stuff done. John and Rick. You boy's rock.

Here's two picks from our new best kept secret. Hint, It's in Belmont and we will be back! Hear me King Love? Keep Moses out of my hammock!!


And it's National Ravioli Day to boot.

No comments: