14 years ago we were looking for a fund raising even we could pull off on a shoestring and Happy Birthday Pancakes! That first year we made a whopping $2.14 profit. I guess since we didn’t lose money it was a success. This year we put about $150 in the Civic Clubs account. But the best part was getting to sit and visit with friends and neighbors and even better still the opportunity to meet new neighbors and friends to be. We had what has to be the best turnout ever and I thank each of you for coming out. One of the parts I like best is all the guys who volunteer. I ask for 10 and get 20 and still more show up that morning. I’m going to start my Thank You list with a volunteer who has moved on in a good way. Al Burns, All those years ago donated our awesome ManCakes uniforms. He moved a few weeks back and I think this is the only ManCakes event he has missed since him and his beautiful Wife Neltje moved here. We missed you Al !
Mike McNamara, Rob Brown and relative new guy Doug Whitmarsh Provided the awesome eats. They are all Flap Jackers extraordinaire. Or are they Jack Flappers? I'll leave that to you. Returning to the serving line and winning hearts with their awesome smiles and tongs of steel were Jimmy the Mann, Jarrod Morris and Richard Sowrey. The kitchen ninjas were Kurt Otten, Don Milbauer, and welcome to Tim Buchanan. ManCaking the door were JT, Kent Little and HIZZONER the Mayor, Vern Johnson, waiting in the wings. Dave Petkus had a little something extra for all the ladies so if you were over-served it’s all on Dave. For many years now ManCakes has relied on our Island boys to mind the floor. Wyatt Batchelor,
Mick and Tegan, AKA Those Fabulous Foley Boys, Conrad Wessels and Connor Morris made us all proud. Again. They even came up with the table arrangement. It was a heart.
If you enjoyed to the decorations as much as I did give a thanks to Ellie Grant and her mom (Valerie?) Teresa Buchanan and Paula Shotcalla Brown.
I saved the best for last. A newbie was “volunteered” at the opening of Okie’s Yard House. They are both new to the Island but after talking to him for a minute I knew he was he one. I promised him he would work the hardest but still have the most fun. He was the Maestro. Ellie’s hubby Steve Grant stepped up and did a marvelous job. Even though you let Mac burn my bacon. Gentlemen and Ladies, I thank you for a job most well done.
Dumbest shit I read so far today?
Waaaaa, Waaaaa, traitor/deserter Bo Bergdahl says President Trump has been mean to him. Keep talking you POS. Your mommy is still listening to you. Probably. Why you are not assuming room temperature baffles me.
The following rant contains language you may find disagreeable. Note, I don’t care.
Like most of us I pay my taxes. Unlike a lot of us I don’t mind. I understand someone has to foot the bill for all that we enjoy. As long as it’s spread out it’s fairly acceptable. Mostly. Unlike a lot of us I also realize it’s MY MONEY and I loan it to Uncle Sugar, interest free, to allot as he sees fit. Now, while that is a subject too vast to be addressed here it goes to the source of my blood pressure issue. Like most of us I overpay and look forward to MY refund. I try to repress the fact that it's MY MONEY to begin with so I can rejoice in my mailbox money. As of yesterday we were slated to get a small amount back. That’s good since I haven’t had a paycheck in over a year. Then we were surprised, maybe stunned is a better word, by the line item described as our SHARED RESPONSIBILITY PAYMENT with a price tag too GODDAMNED CLOSE TO $2000.00 USD to be overlooked. My shared responsibility? Fuck everyone one of you sonsabitches who presume to think to know what my responsibilities are. In case I’m unclear FUCK YOU and fuck everybody that knows you. Being a grown ass man I know damn good and well what MY responsibilities are shared and otherwise. And I am very clear on who I share them with. And it’s nobody inside the beltway or any libtard who supported the Socialist sonofabitch the American public just fired. I won’t ask who you think you are because I know who you think you are. News flash, You ain’t. Anyone who believes it’s OK to fine someone for not being able to afford something is just FUCKING RETARDED. Can’t afford ACA? It’ll cost you. Run that around in your brain you stupid, liberal asshats. If the sheer stupidity of the statement is not apparent to you please delete this bookmark and never come back .You are too fucking stupid to get it and I won’t try. We had medical bills. We paid them. We had dental bills, we paid those too. Unless you plan to share MY MONEY with me then feel free to fuck off and die. The game is afoot. I may be forced to pay for this but rest assured I will pay myself back 10 fold. Come on President Trump, Fix this stupid shit!
Bringing back memories
A TEST FOR 'OLDER' KIDS.
I was picky who I sent this to. It had to be those who might actually remember. So have some fun my sharp-witted friends. This is a test for us 'older kids'! The answers are printed below, (after the questions) but don't cheat! Answer them first.....
01. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, Who was that masked man? Invariably, someone would answer, I don't know, but he left this behind. What did he leave behind?________________.
02. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. In early 1964, we all watched them on The ____ ___________ Show.
03. 'Get your kicks, __ _________ _______.'
04. 'The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed to _____ _ _____.'
05. 'In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ____ ____ ____ ____.'
06. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we 'danced' under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the '_____.'
07. Nestle's makes the very best.... _________.'
08. Satchmo was America 's 'Ambassador of Goodwill.' Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was
09. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? _______.
10. Red Skeleton's hobo character was named ______ ___ ________ and Red always ended his television show by saying, 'Good Night, and '________ ________ '
11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their ______ _______.
12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW. What other names did it go by? ___ & _______.
13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, 'the day the music died.' This was a tribute to _______ ____________.
14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called __________.
15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was called the ______ _____ .
16. Remember LS/MFT _____ _____/_____ _____ _____?
17. Hey Kids! What time is it? It's _____ ______ _____!
18. Who knows what secrets lie in the hearts of men? Only The _____ Knows!
19. There was a song that came out in the 60's that was "a grave yard smash". It's name was the ______ ______!
20. Alka Seltzer used a "boy with a tablet on his head" as it's Logo/Representative. What was the boy's name? ________
01. The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet.
02. The Ed Sullivan Show
03. On Route 66
04. To protect the innocent.
05. The Lion Sleeps Tonight
06. The limbo
08. Louis Armstrong
09. The Timex watch
10. Freddy, The Freeloader and 'Good Night and God Bless.'
11. Draft cards (Bras were also burned. Not flags, as some have guessed)
12. Beetle or Bug
13. Buddy Holly
16. Lucky Strike/Means Fine Tobacco
17. Howdy Doody Time
19. Monster Mash