IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

It's National Gumdrop Day

Not a fan. You? I watched the Westminster Dog Show last night. Truth be told we watch it every time it comes on. I find it better than most of the options on current TV. Congrats to Rumor the German Shepherd for taking best in show! What a beautiful dog. That makes two celeb-ish dogs on the island. Neighbor Steves' Elke is a German Shepherd and Last year's winner was a German Short Hair like Neighbor Marks' pointer. Who knew?

Well, watching the front close in yesterday I sure expected more rain than this.

As much as I hate winter and cold weather I am glad it's February again. 

Here's a question to anyone who reads it. Tree in the forest kinda thing. Do you ever click on the links on the right? Good experiences? Bad experiences? No shits to give? Want me to add a site? lose a site? Just curious.

EDC meeting tomorrow night. They are going to look at phase two of Okies Yard House. 

Happy Birthday to Helen Reddy. I love you.

2 comments:

Alex said...

I don't read or use anything on the right, but I do read your blog posts!

Anonymous said...

AB,

Elke thanks you for the recognition! Believe it or not, she was a rescue dog we were fortunate enough to adopt from a local shelter. First 6-9 months she was a bit skittish and if I get my hands on the piece of *&$# that abused her...well, suffice to say, you won't see me eating shrimp or crawfish for a few months. Time heals most wounds and she's one of the best GSDs I have had the honor to call my friend. God bless all the folks who volunteer at our local shelters!

Neighbour Steve