IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Friday, January 13, 2017

Happy Frigga

She was the wife of Odin in Scandinavian Mythology. The goddess of married love and of the hearth, often identified with Freya. Friday is named after her.

Or you can go here. paraskavedekatriaphobia. That’s the word for fear of Friday the 13th. Whatever floats your boat.

Well that little freeze we had last week didn’t affect my Orange tree and after a little taste test I think they are finally ready for picking. They are very tasty but a tad hard to peel. Beats the hell out of the first crop last year. They tasted like celery dipped in orange juice. I have no idea what type of orange tree it is but I know it's not a satsuma. Help yourself just be gentle and don't hurt my tree.


But my giant pothos,  didn’t fair so well.  Epipremnum aureum is a species of flowering plant in the family of Araceae, native in Mo'orea, French Polynesia.

I went to the Island library yesterday and stopped at the take-a-book-leave-a-book spot too. I’m looking for a Michener book, Texas. Anyone have a copy I can borrow? 


Weird enough? Lord Voldemort is gonna play Michael Jackson.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you do not find one to borrow, you can order a good, used copy of the book from Abebooks.com. It will arrive at your door in a few days, total cost, including shipping under $4.00.

If you enjoy reading, it is the best thing ever! I have bought new, hardback books for that price for years.

Crystal Burney

Anonymous said...

President Donald Trump.
Donald Trump, President of the United States.
Our lives aren't a tv show, this is real