IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

It's National Cocoa Day

Or you can go weird and celebrate National Pick a Pathologist Day, could be a toughie. Said no one.

My AV software says I have some d-bags spyware on my Mac. Not unheard of but it’s a first for me. Time for some house cleaning. 

Big Happy Birthday to the National Guard! 
The Guard traces its birthday to Dec. 13, 1636, when the General Court of the Massachusetts Bay Colony passed a law establishing formal militia companies consisting of all adult males older than 16. That makes the guard 380 years old! Who knew?

Finally got the updated pics for Okies Corner. You know this shot
From the door looking toward Marina Bay
This makes it an Official Icehouse!
Here's the Maestro in the kitchen

He was showing me ALL the sinks. Seems, according to the Health Department if a room has "food" in it it has to has a three compartment sink. Okies has 4 three compartment sinks in about 1400 sq feet. Overkill much? And Thanks to the ADA the bathrooms are huge! but still only two holers. I could write a months blog on the ridiculousness of the ADA. If there was ever a poster child for Government idiocracy it goes there. 

Dumbest shit I read to day:
It's not 'he' and 'she'. It's 'ze': Oxford University union tells students to use gender neutral pronouns so as 'not to offend transgender undergraduates

Instead of making up a new word why not use “It” ? Too simple. 

No comments: