IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

National Deviled Egg Day

"Deviled eggs, also known as eggs mimosa, stuffed egg, salad eggs or dressed eggs, are hard boiled eggs which have been shelled, cut in half and filled with the hard-boiled egg’s yolk mixed with other ingredients such as mayonnaise and mustard. "

Don''t know about you but I am a certified deviled egg junkie. It's my favorite part of the Easter Fish Fry celebration.

Well Damn. Just got off the email with Skooly and the annual BBQ Cook-Off has been postponed due to lack of interest. They will try again in February. Damn. That's what happens.

On a better note there's  only 6 days left till we get our televisions back. Speaking of televisions, Anyone ever try a digital antenna? I bought one get one free just pay additional shipping and I'm not having any joy. The one tv is old and probably doesn't have a digital tuner built in so no surprise there but the other is just a few years old yet.....no joy. If you've tried one and have had success please drop me a line. I've got a few questions.

Last night's Council meeting was fairly quick. The Chief introduced our newest officer,  Christine Ruiz. Welcome Christine! Neighbors Scotts by the boat ramp are having more than a few issues. Too many drunk bastards from the boat ramp is my guess. Some really crappy stuff going down over there so please keep an eye out for your neighbors. 

No comments: