IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Cold Front's Here

Duh. Got back from the latest Taekwondo last night. This was W's second outing as a Blackbelt. It was also his schools first sponsored tournament. As with an event this size, 1500 people, there will be issues but overall I think these folks did great. Wyatt got his intro in the Big League's at this outing. He faced a few 2nd and 3rd degree Black Belts in different event. You have to be a 1st degree for minimum of 1 year to advance to 2nd degree, 2 years minimum to got to 3rd so some of the competition was stiff to say the least. Stiff is the wrong word. It was awesome. Some of them are like watching a gymnast, holding a sword. Or two. Anyway he's my bragging dad photo. 4 First Place 1 Third. Great job Son.
Did I mention the medals glow in the dark? Pretty cool. It was a long day all the way around.
Time to go put the boat in the water where it belongs. I need my driveway back.

Have a great weekend Clear Lake Shores.

No comments: