IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, October 3, 2016

This is a toughie

It's National Taco Day AND National Day! Your call.
It's also National Night Out in Texas. The rest of the country has NNO on the first Tuesday in August. Since we don't want to go outside in August unless we have to we moved it to October. Much, much better. The festivities will be headed up once more by Dazzling Dave Petkus and he's gonna kick things off at 6PM at Jarboe Park . Come on out and meet your neighbors. Make it your mission to meet at least one new neighbor. Can you imagine how awesome this place would be like if everyone did that?

Under "Dumbest Shit I Saw This Week. At Randalls, Back in the dairy section there was an endcap with squirt guns. Only they were labeled, wait for it, no shit, "Water Squirters" Yup.  Shoulda got a picture. W    T    F........

Fun in Galveston today. Jury Duty fun. I am one of those  who believes it is a duty to serve so Jury duty just goes with that. Didn't get picked today but got instructions on when to be and where in the morning. Yay.

I'm hearing all this bullshit about Trump not paying any taxes and I can't help but scream at my TV. That's why I voting for him. He's "gaming" the system all right, but it's the system all these rotten SOB career politicians put in place. He didn't make the freakin' laws he's following. They did. And she is definatly one of them. Term Limits.  I swear we need term limits.
If any of our friends in Jamaica are reading this, know that we are keeping our fingers crossed for you. I think you'll be OK and it's Haiti and the Cuba who will have to deal with the worst of it but you just never know.


See you tomorrow night Clear 
Lake Shores!

No comments: