IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Friday, September 16, 2016

National POW MIA Day

And it would be my Dad's 90th birthday had he not sloughed off his mortal coil at the ripe old age of 46. Happy Birthday anyway Dad.
And Happy Friday Clear Lake Shores.
Looks like the tropics are getting frisky. Whatever that blob is off shore should move over land tonight, we have three named storms in the Atlantic and a brand new one spinning up off the African coast. It never ceases to amaze me that a dust storm from the Sahara can turn into the biggest water mover on the planet. Hmph.

Get your order in ASAP. Eileen gets back tomorrow and once we get settled up the order goes in. Jan?

 

I was washing out my coffee pot yesterday and look what I found under the handle. This poor guy is between the glass and the handle. Talk about wrong place wrong time.


Damn.

Raise your hand if you've ever busted a Pintrest how to post. Me Me Me. Well here's one that worked better than expected. worked up a little eggy breakfast mix in a stainless steel skillet. I hate stainless because everything sticks to it and it's such a pain in the ass to clean and make it look clean. But here we went. Breakfast is done and there is a godawful mess stuck to the skillet. Pintrest says add hot water and a used dryer sheet. Uh Huh. Well this is what happened.

Freakin' magic. So much better than the homemade weed killer.
Have a great weekend neighbors.

See what I mean about national politics?

1 comment:

Jim said...

Preheat the pan with a little veggie oil and kosher salt till it's shimmering. Wipe it out with a paper towel, then add A LOT of butter. Add more butter. Then cooks yer eggs. Don't ask why I couldn't wait till later to discuss this bc I don't have a good answer. Happy Friday!!


Jim