IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Friday, September 2, 2016

Happy Friday!

Here's to the last long weekend of summer! Believe it.

Well my brisket has been on for a little over 4 hours now. This is the last test for my new Masterbuilt electric smoker. I just can't get any smoke out of it. I checked my thermometer yesterdy and everyone was close enough so the only thing left was the wood chips. I tried a different brand yesterday just because that's the only thing left. Still no joy. I am on my 3rd tray of Mesquite chips this morning so I know they are being used up but where's the smoke?
This is 225 degrees after 45 minutes.

Defaulted to the big grill for dinner last night. Emory's has ahi tuna and swordfish as the weekend special. I bought 1lb steaks of each not realizing just how much fish that was gonna end up being. That's the Tuna on the left. Both were yummy. My picky eating teen inhaled all the grilled shrimp and still had some of both. He preferred the swordfish. I concur.


Quick meeting at the Civic Club last night. WE have a new neighbor and Club secretary, Ellie Grant. She lives up Oak. Welcome to the madness Ellie and family. If the kids are to have a Halloween Party this year someone needs to step up and Chair the event. If not... We have a new Chair for the Scholarship committee. His name is David Cox. I don't know how new David is but welcome anyway. Pam L. is trying to put together a 50th celebration and is looking for some help. I think the idea is to hold it along with one of the Jammin' concerts. If you wanna play contact Pam.
Shirts are going fast. I still have some left. No smalls, 1 m,  and the only two tanks are xxl.  I will place an order on Tuesday so let me know what you want.

Next up is the 8th annual Block Party. I think it's on the 10th. More as I get it.

Have a great Labor Day Weekend Clear Lake Shores.!

No comments: