IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Twitterers

I don't tweet but I understand there are some who do. Did you know the little yellow bird's name is Larry? As in Larry Bird.

We went to the the newly opened and greatly anticipated Tookies Seafood for our anniversary last week. Have you been yet? You know you want to. We asked to be seated in the Treehouse. A bit warm for when we were there and a tad and a half too noisy for both of us but a great view of 146 traffic. At our waiters suggestion, we had the beachballs. One more name for a stuffed, fried jalapeno. Midway through my second beachball I had to ask MJ what they were stuffed with. She said crab and other stuff. Lord knows I don't argue with shewhomustbeobeyed so I took her word for it because you couldn't prove it by me. I will attest to the delightful but not overpowering flavor of the jap. I ordered the blackened catfish Pontchartrain. The fish itself was very good. You have to work at it to mess up a Tennessee Tarpon but the rest, well, hmph. The grilled veggies looked great. Hell everything was camera ready, someone just forgot to add flavor. I asked my lovely wife about hers. She ordered Shrimp Alfredo but was waved off and went for the Shrimp Scampi instead. The best she had to offer was a limp wristed wave of her fork and a rather non committal shrug. They are still new and we will be back we'll just try something else. BTW, the Glenlivet was spectacular.

OK on to fix the plumbing problems with our camper. Seems when we turned on the campsite water the pressure was enough to disconnect everything inside our chariot. What a mess. Then we'll look into the whole bumper issue.

Speaking of anniversaries the new 50th Anniversary T shirts and other stuff are in. Some will be available at the meeting this Thursday and orders are being taken in a lot of different ways. Check you Islander. Here's a peek. And a HUGE Thank You to Teresa Otten for all her hard work to get this done.

And it's National Trail Mix Day. Me yawning.

2 comments:

CLS Neighbor said...

AB,
You perhaps know about this by now so if this is redundant, my apologies. The RV stores (and WallyWorld/Wal-Mart, too I believe) sell small brass pressure regulators to attach to between your RV and the campground water spigot. Its purpose is specifically to prevent what happened to you. sw

Doris Sanders said...

Allan, we would like two, one size medium and one XXL. Let us know how to proceed; should we send you a check? We won't be back home until October. Thanks!

Doris and Tom Sanders