IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

It's National Lazy Day

and that works for me. Any reviews or insights on Village Creek State Park? Wan One? Stay tuned. I really hope TPWD gets a better report than the folks at the DPS. 90 days is/was the norm for processing a CHL. Due to the overwhelming amount of requests they placed a 180 limit and hired some extra bodies. Well here we are at 210+ days and I haven't heard a peep. I wonder what the hold up is. I'd like to find out but in typical government fashion they have all communication lines dealing with the topic locked in a loop. Perfect.

Went to the EDC meeting last night. Sounds like Frank's deal is off the rails. Again. There was a nice fella there from the League City Chamber of Commerce asking our fair city to join. He put up a solid sales pitch so we did. Town Center is moving along albeit slowly. I guess it's still progress.

I should have posted his with one of the other tree pics.



"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I 
have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." Ronald Reagan

No comments: