IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Friday, August 12, 2016

Happy Friday Clear Lake Shores!

Here's to my Little Sister and to Philip Adams. Because it’s National Middle ChildDay that’s why and they are the only middle children I can think of.

It’s official, I’ve given up on Hemingway. He makes my brain hurt. I found a “new” Michener book at the free library at City Hall. I do like Michener, I’ve read several of his books and never been disappointed. And he’s a Texas boy. He may have been born in PA but his ashes will be in Texas forever. Now that’s commitment. 

Anyone have a good recipe for homemade weed killer? I found the vinegar, salt and soap one but it doesn't work for shit. I even up'ed th salt ration a little because I'm using it on the driveway but it doesn't last two weeks. Not much of a weed killer if you ask me. Moving on.


I’ve been watching that big ol’ rain cloud to our east hoping some of it would drift this direction. Looks like we might get lucky. I’m ready to stop sweating like  Clinton at a polygraph. I keep telling myself in 8 weeks it’ll all be over. That’s about when 90 will feel good. 

Have a great weekend y'all!

No comments: