IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Friday, August 19, 2016

Happy Friday Aaaand it's

National Soft Ice Cream DAY!!!! DQ here I come.

Some great news out of the City Council meeting last night. Permits have been applied for from Popeye's and a donut shop for new builds in the Home Depot parking lot!! WOOT!! Come on Popeyes !! And having grown up on Shipley's I can only hope and pray they don't put one that close to my mouth. But....

Also found out about the two crazy lots on E Shore at Rosewood. From what I understand the first one had petitioned Council to buy some of the street right of way to fit their building plans and when they got in went the for sale sign. I call bullshit. It seems like that's what was on the agenda for the other lot last night. That is bullshit. It's simple, build a smaller house. Period. This is not a new conversation.

Have a great weekend neighbors, me, I'm taking my wallet to the boat doctor.


No comments: