IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Happy Anniversary MJ!

Here’s to the next 22 years! Oh, and since we are between Platinum and Silver I’ll just hold on till Silver. But how to best celebrate the day you gave up on finding someone better than me? Sounds like taco tuesday.

Star Wars was released closer to the end of World War II than to today. I took everyone I knew to see it at the Twelve Oaks Cinema. My apartment was across the freeway inside of Wesleyan. There was no Summit and at that time there was no Greenway anything. It was a giant park with gorgeous trees. 😕


Anyone have an original Mosquito Magnet? I have a couple of boxes of the compressed air cartridges used for cleaning and two different adapts that are looking for a new home. Yours for the asking. While those were excellent bug machines, when it came time to replace ours I started shopping around cuz those babies ain’t cheap. I ended up with a DynaTrap. No propane which cuts the monthly cost by half and no attractants, which further reduces the cost. It has been hard at it for two years now and has never been turned off. If you’re not from here you may not know that we have mosquitos year round. I like it. No fuss no mess no propane and no mosquitos. 

It's shaping up to be a camping weekend. Village Creek State Park here I come. Stay tuned for report. 

Oh, It's National Spongecake Day too.

No comments: