IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, July 11, 2016

National Mojito Day.

Anyone remember when the Delasadris' would make mojitos all night long ? We miss you Tommy  and Marcy.

A few weeks back whilst yakking with some buds about who got here and when, I wondered out loud who’s been here longest? A few names posed up Buzz, Jan, Bambi, Chuck. SO I think I’ll ask them next time I see ‘em. I did see Eva and posed the question, Eve when did you move to Clear Lake Shores? She didn’t skip a beat when she said 1955. Damn.

Neighbor Mike has some news for every buggie owner. He’s found a new source for batteries and he says he couldn’t be happier. If you’re in the market and haven’t picked a vendor you may want to give this guy a ring.
Tommy Mock
Republic Batteries
713 645 2141

Neighbor Rob says they're getting close to starting on the Captain Okies corner. I'm stoked. Speaking off, The EDC meeting is tonight tomorrow night and It's in the conference room at City Hall.

The new AC in the old camper is struggling with this Texas July. I has to be because of all the windows because I stuffed insulation in every crack in the damned thing. After it gets in the shade the temp comes down from the mid 80s. But only after its in the shade. 

Road trip is making way. First night is Albuquerque and second night is the north rim of the Grand Canyon. Can’t wait. 



From the Amazing Fact Generator “ Black-Eyed Peas aren’t peas, but beans. And Coffee beans aren’t beans , but seeds”

well crap.

2 comments:

Doris Sanders said...

Allan, may I mention your blog in the Islander?

A & M said...

If you are gonna make Albuquerque in one night, you will be doing well. But, you will have driven right past Palo Duro Canyon, which is almost as pretty as the Grand Canyon. In other words, don't be in such a hurry to drive past it.