IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

National Almond Buttercrunch Day.

Mmmmmmmmm.

OK. After a lengthy chat with neighbor Rob I was convinced to brine the Salmon prior to smoking. This is my first brining so be gentle. 1tsp salt and half gallon of water for two hours. The recipe I found is specifically for an electric smoker like mine so It shouldn't suck too bad. Most of the other recipes were explicit in stating what woods NOT to use and mesquite was on the list. BUT before you start name calling those are for traditional barrel smokers which we know produce a whole different level of smoke. We shall see. 



We took the Chrysler on our nighttime driving lesson. He's a lot more comfortable driving the tub. Less to have to think about that the Jeep. Progress is progress I guess.

Any Hemingway fans out there? Except Rick. My summer reading list is all Hemingway. I've picked up a few of his books before but found them to be a hard start. My brain is out of breath before I can reach most periods. I've got two short stories down and a few pages in to The Snows of Kilimanjaro. Perseverance.

My first pass at planning a road trip was vetoed. Back to the drawing board. I guess 4,700 miles was a bit much.

From Mental Floss" The muppet Elmo is the only non human to testify before Congress."
and there ya have it.





1 comment:

Rob on E Shore said...

How did the salmon come out?