IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, June 30, 2016

How appropriate

It's Social Media Day. I don't know if blogs count so maybe I'll check my faceplace page. For the second time this year.

I know you're dying to find out how the Chinook went down. It took about 90 minutes for the built in probe to hit 140 degrees. I pulled the salmon off and let it rest for a bit before the taste test. In prep I rubbed a little butter, garlic powder, dill and added some fresh ground pepper. I took the first bite and my nitpicky teenager took the second bite. While I was wondering if the garlic was a tad too much I got a huge thumbs up from W. That it a good thing. The more I ate the better it got. When the mama got home even she liked it. It seems the subtle smoke from an electric unit is right on the money. I will put this squarely in the win column.

Ah Hemingway. The first guy got his head blown off by his wife, The next guy was gutted like a fish by his friend and the third guy spent more time hallucinating from gangrene before he sluffed off his mortal coils. I can't wait for a cheery story. I think I'm starting to see a pattern?

Huge weekend coming up. Don't forget to renew your Civic CLub membership at the park on the 4th. Stop by and watch neighbor Rob and his East Side crew cook a couple hundred hotdogs. That'll be a show all by itself. And if you can lend a hand please contact the club. You can use the link on the right.

Tire mogul Harvey Firestone gave President Calvin Coolidge a pygmy hippopotamus in 1927. Today, Many of the pygmy hippos in U.S. zoos are that hippos descendants.

Thank Mental Floss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how is it that we have 2 sex offenders in our community?!! I thought you couldn't be a registered sex offender and stay in our fine neighborhood! wth? what about our kids?! what about us? omg should I be afraid to walk the street???? Hello? Police?