IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

National No Dirty Dishes Day

Is today. This is what I found.

"May 18 marks a fun holiday, National No Dirty Dishes Day.  This is a day that gives us all a break from the regular daily routine.  There are two options for this day.  You can eat all meals out. If that is possible, would also be a bonus treat. Or, you can use disposable paper plates, cups and silverware.  To stay earth friendly, choose ones that are biodegradable.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Go out to lunch or dinner with friends or have a barbeque and serve everything on paper plates with disposable utensils. Use #NoDirtyDishesDay to post on social media."



Council meeting last night was short and to the point. Council members Bailey, Fenwick and Hoerner were sworn in and presented with their dollar. The staff reports were likewise short. Chief Cook announced the startup of a Ride-Along program with our Police force. Unfortunately it’s only open to folks over 18. Too bad I think. If you’re interested there are applications at City Hall.
Roads and Drainage says they are poised to start on Birch, going east to Lazy Bend. Can’t wait for that problem spot to get fixed. 
Town Center/Okies Courtyard had the contract OKd by legal and they are set to move to the next stage. The Design Team will meet this Thursday at the Clubhouse act 6.
Waterfront Compliance, P & Z, Parks & Pool and LBAC as well as the Civic Club were no-shows. 

Finally got an outfit to take down the two tallow trees in my backyard. Tree-Mendous did it in under 45 minutes and at what I Think was a damn good price. I wood recommend them. See what I did there? 


Relatively new neighbor Andy Hoggat has started a blog. I put a link on the right if you’re interested.
This from Neighbor Mac.

No comments: