IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Friday, May 13, 2016

Jackpot!!

Not only is it National Apple Pie Day but It's National Blame Somebody Else Day! Win, Win.
The Great State of Texas is having some issues and I'm going to blame the technology. No, I'm not talking about the stupid bathroom bullshit that's going around and going to cost all of us a lot of money I'm talking about my CHL. I took the course in January and still haven't received my license. The website notes that they are processing 139% more applications than last year. There's a story there all by itself huh? They say there is a way to check the status on line but the website will end up sticking you on a non informative loop. They say they are also given up to 90 days for completion but we passed the 90 day mark last month. 139%. Oh well.
Then there's the Two Steps One Sticker thing. We all cheered when it was announced, What a great idea right? First get your vehicle inspected the renew your tags online and voila! They mail your new sticker. It's all great as long as everything works. THe first go 'round Txdot web crashed on me when I hit the last button(of course). I got "please try again later". Right. I did and at this ppoint it couldn't/wouldn't/didn't recognize my tag/vin. Moving along. I called and they referred me to Galveston County. GalCo agreed they were having issues at the State level and suggested I try back in 48 hours. Guess I'll try in the morning.
I went to Skippers this morning and had "Coffee with Cops". I walked away with one of their cups. I hope they don't mind. It was fun. Asst Chief Donaldson gave a little talk and invited us to ride along. In the front seat this time. If anyone is interested give them a call. I got to meet some new neighbors and had a chat with Greg H. We had a chuckle in that I got to sit next to our new Officer, The one that wrote me a ticket for expired tags on my boat trailer. Can't get mad at someone for doing what you pay them to do right? Welcome Officer Flores.
Tomorrow is the IWGS or Island Wide Garage Sale to those new to these parts. It will be bonified batshit crazy around here till about noon. I plan to sip bloody mary's under my carport and sell what I can. Later will be the first Jammin of the year. It's gonna be a good year. 
Think I'll go put gas in the Mako and see what's shakin' on the Bay. Happy Friday the thirteenth Clear Lake Shores!


No comments: