IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Friday, May 6, 2016

It's National Space day

National Space Day is observed annually on the first Friday in May.  This day is dedicated to the extraordinary achievements, benefits and opportunities in the exploration and use of space.  The goal of National Space Day is to promote math, science, technology and engineering education in young people to inspire them to pursue a career in science, especially a career in space-related jobs.

Before I forget, again, At the City Council meeting on Tuesday it was pointed out that the City will provide one special container just to collect electronic waste. They will also have the two normal 30 yards for Spring Cleanup but the special one has to be manned. Even though it is plainly marked, some of our less bright neighbors will still throw their shit in the Electronics Only dumpster just because they are too lazy to go find the big ones. What are ya gonna do...
Well the final chapter of the camper adventure is all but over. I think I should apologize to all of the citizens who were at the Galveston County annex today. I got there early with all 17 pages, pictures and receipts to file for a re assigned (new) title and I still had the undivided attention of three of the six folks in the tax office. What an adventure. Still made it in under an hour.
Anyone having tree work done ? I have two that need to come down and I'm looking tp split the cost of the lift. drop me a line. 

I sure hope the Cuban truck is here tonight. That's the best cuban I've had including the ones I've had in Key West. See you at the Food Trucks!


No comments: