IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Friday, May 20, 2016

Happy Friday and it's


I went to the Town Center meeting last night. IT was pretty cool to see what is shaping up for the entrance to our little slice of paradise. You can get the overall if outdated, version from the City’s web site. Theres a link on the right. The architect had some very well done drawings and representations of what it will look like when done. Team Skippers led off with a fairly rough drawing of what they envision for the dirt between them and Joe Lee’s. It looked like it will be very nice when completed but they have a long way to go. The problem as I saw it was an old one. They were\are still stuck on their dislike of the Farmers Market. I may have read it all wrong but I don’t think so. It’s an old conversation. They insist the FM customers are parking in their parking spaces for those 4 hours a week and it is costing them buckets of money. I promised I would not go off on a rant here and I will abide. But I can guarantee last nights conversation by Team Skipper’s cost them more than a couple of customers. Ronnies words to them needs to be tattooed on someones forehead. Learn to Share. 

The 11th annual Clear Lake Shores Drag Race is coming right up. Don't wait until the last minute to 
a) bring a non perishable food item for the food bank drive.
b) get a parking spot at Sundial Park
c) find a pair of pumps you can get your big fat size 12 EE''s into.

From Mental Floss:

Oregon is the only state to have a different design on each side of it’s flag.  


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Lake Powell!!

Is there any new requirement for a transgender port a potty at the drag races?

Jim Mago & Crystal Burney

Bryan said...

No necessary, Jim, because we are only confused for a day, not a lifetime.

Anonymous said...

Alan,
Best Cuban sandwich you ask? The Lunch Box in Laporte, TX. On Spencer @ Underwood, right next to Walgreens. Only open weekdays from 10:30am-3pm. But the only day you can get the "Cubano" is Monday, it is Mondays special. I have had the food truck Cuban that you speak of, very good, but I think this one is better. Let me know what you think. Hell, you are retired, get there this Monday!