IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Happy Birthday to

Thomas Jefferson. Lucky number three once said "The price of Freedom is eternal vigilance" Can I get a hallelujahs! Here's a few more worth keeping in mind as the elections grow closer.

I went to the EDC meeting last night. It was interesting to say the least. It seems there a several interested parties wanting to open new restaurants in our fair city but WCID won't provide them with water. Imagine that. The way I understand it  is they don't have any water. At least not for a new business. I have to ask myself though, Why don't they just go get some? That is their line of work isn't it? To provide water to folks in WCID12? Yeah, yeah, yeah I'm being simplistic. I know. But to deny a building permit for lack of water? There has to be a better way folks.

Tomorrow at Jarboe at 6. THat's when the crawfish committee is meeting. Spread the word.

Oh and It's National Peach Cobbler Day too! Score.


No comments: