IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Hard to believe

It's National Squirrel Appreciation day already. How time flies. Then again if tree rats aren't your thing you can default to National Hugging Day.

A big thanks to Mike McNamara and Big Al Burns for stepping in and co-chairing the annual Mancakes Breakfast this Valentines day. Give a thanks when you see them because without their effort this event wouldn't happen. Thanks Men. And if any of you guys out there want in on the fun you need to contact someone real soon because there is only room for so many and the spots for this event fill up fast. Could be the bloody marys'.

For all you that feel the need to serve, yeah, yeah, I know,
you only have until the 16th(?) of Feb. to file. So far there is only one interested party. I hear Amanda isn't running so we may not even have an election. I guess that's good and bad at the same time.

Who out there besides me is grateful every day that we live in such an ecclectic neighborhood? Doggie doors with antlers, Dragons guarding stairs, Alligators in the bushes and on and on. Some folks just don't get it. Some will get it in time. I was thinking about the mess at our house when we raised it the year after Ike. Mother of god what a wreck. And we were living in it at the time. I think it took about a year for us to get a yard back. Reminds me of the young couple on CLR. Both with relatively new jobs and two kids to tend to while they raise their house. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure they are pulling this off one paycheck at a time. Since I think they are both working two jobs it might take 'em a while. Some folks see an eyesore, I see progress.

It's 74 outside and a little rain is stating to fall. Any odds on whether I fixed my leak or not? I give it 50-50. I'll go sit inside when the tail end of that front gets here. It's south of the city so I have about an hour to get ready.

And from Mental Floss' Amazing Fact Generator, Amazing Fact #814The state The State fish of Hawaii is the humuhumunukunukuapua'a. The Hawaiian name roughly translates to "the fish with a pig-like nose." It's English name is the Reef Triggerfish.
glish name is the Reef Triggerfish.

No comments: